Approximately 800 people pedaled to one of 12 breakfast locations today from as far north as Monument, stretching south to Fountain for the 23rd Annual Bike to Work Day.
Mayor Suthers and his wife, Janet, led more than 125 cyclists of all ages and abilities to American the Beautiful Park for the Mayor’s Ride where breakfast awaited them.
This year’s event grew from five locations last year to 12 locations: America the Beautiful Park, University Village Colorado, and 10 YMCA locations. Bike to Work Day is not just a celebration during the morning commute. Cyclists were able to ride ride to any of the local businesses listed below and received special deals for the day. Thanks to all of the great local businesses for their support!
- Colorado Farm and Art Market – 5% off participating vendors
- McCabe’s Tavern – BOGO pint
- Manitou Brewery – $1 off any MBC pint
- Fossil Brewery – $1 off first beer
- Trinity Brewery – Human Power 10% Discount
- Whistle Pig Brewery – BOGO pint
- Smiling Toad Brewery – BOGO Pint
- Triple S Brewery – BOGO Pint
- Fieldhouse Brewery – $1 off pints all day
- Wild Goose Brewery – ½ Price Pint
- Blue Moon Trail Run Series – $5 off single race and $15 off full race series.
Mountain Metropolitan Transit provides local fixed-route bus service and Metro Mobility ADA paratransit service for Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region. All buses use clean diesel technology and are wheelchair-lift equipped. Mountain Metropolitan Transit also provides other services such as Metro Rides’ ridesharing, vanpool, and bicycling programs. For added convenience, there are bike racks on all buses for riders who want to utilize the bike-n-bus program. For additional information regarding Mountain Metropolitan Transit please visit www.mmtransit.com, or call (719) 385-RIDE (7433).